NNWE is Hiring: Research and Events Executive
Closing Date: 5 May 2018
Job Title: Research and Events Executive
Working For: New Nuclear Watch Europe (www.newnuclearwatch.eu)
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Set up in 2014, New Nuclear Watch Europe (NNWE) has a mission to help ensure nuclear power is recognised as an important and desirable way for European governments to help deliver their energy needs. Its members include companies, individuals and organisations active in the nuclear industry, including those involved in the supply chain.
The organisation is now looking to appoint a full-time researcher and events organiser to work closely with and support the Chairman and Research Director. This person will ideally bring knowledge and understanding of the energy sector, be an experienced researcher, an excellent organiser and be comfortable working across a wide ranging and complex agenda. This person should also be strong on stakeholder management and a confident and skilled communicator. It would also be desirable if the person has basic knowledge of book keeping and/or excel spreadsheets work.
- Conducting project-based public policy research, including desk-based research and qualitative and/or quantitative analysis on energy-related issues
- Daily scrutiny of all developments in the industry across Europe (monitoring government and stakeholder announcements, print, electronic and social media)
- Organising and managing NNWE events, seminars and roundtables
- Drafting reports and presentations on the energy sector for internal and external use
- Assisting with NNWE media relations to include social media, press commentary
- Attending relevant events and seminars for NNWE
- Basic book keeping and assisting the Chairman and Research Director with the management of NNWE
This person will ideally bring the following skills and experience:
- Track record of conducting research beyond an undergraduate degree – e.g. at post-graduate level, or experience working for a charity, politician, think tank or business
- Excellent writing skills – including the ability to write to publishable standards in a variety of styles to include articles for the press and website and policy reports
- Excellent event organisation skills from small meetings to seminar/conferences
- Familiarity with policy areas relevant to NNWE, particularly energy and the nuclear industry
- Ability to analyse and also communicate complex information in a clear and concise way to a range of audiences
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Very organised and strong administrative and basic book keeping skills
Closing Date: 5 May 2018
Individuals will be invited to a face-to-face interview in early May, which will also include a short written test.
We are looking for candidates who can preferably start within a month of appointment.
Candidates should submit a CV and covering letter, outlining your interest in the role, to email@example.com.
Please also include details of your referees and a daytime telephone number and email address.